Wednesday, November 03, 2010

I'll be running on the wine and chocolate platform in 2012!

Wine and chocolate for everyone!

Well why not? It's not like you have to have a plan on how to actually provide what you promise. At least that's how it's looking to me after yesterday.

I heard this statement on TV last night: "A Dingle has been in congress since FDR."*  Of course my first reaction was "no shit?" But then I realized if there was "no shit" there would be "no dingle."

At least something made me laugh last night!

On the somewhat awesome side, Noah was able to vote for governor via Kids Voting USA. He went with me to the polls but the Kids Voting wasn't open yet, so he went back with Rich later in the evening. Noah has voted with at least one of us in every major election since he came home. I remember going with my mother a few times, and it always made a big impression on me.

I appreciate that they make a big deal about it in school and are teaching the kids, even in first and second grade. Noah even had his own Kids Voting voter registration card.

Maybe tomorrow I'll blog about how conflicted my feelings are when I talk with Noah about political issues (similar to my conflicted feelings over religion).


*They were actually referring to John Dingell in Michigan.  


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the name of your blog and your header!! I'm slightly jealous. I'll be ok.

    ReplyDelete