Monday, February 16, 2009

Because I just can't let it go!

For the first time in as long as I can remember, my father didn't not send me flowers for Valentines Day. Not that I really expected he would, but still.

They haven't responded to any of my attempts at contact either, which has included emails, videos of the boys, a thank you note and a phone message. All very non-confrontational, with no mention of our "issues".

They did however send Noah a birthday present and card, and both boys Valentines cards.

But they signed them grandma and grandpa instead of MomMom and PaPa like they have always been called and always signed things in the past. Does this mean anything? Am I just reading in to things?

I'm still at a loss as to what to do, short of calling them and grovelling. Since I don't grovel and I don't think I'm wrong, that won't be happening.

1 comment:

  1. You are in a tough spot. It might be time to let your parents do the "cards/presents to the kids" for a while until they come around to your way of thinking.

    I wonder if your oldest could send a card to them -- it might break the ice. You wouldn't have to tell him what to write. Just ask him if he would like to write a card and either help him with the words or have him dictate it to you.

    When I have had issues with my inlaws I have had my children call the inlaws to say Hi. The inlaws may not be speaking to my husband or me, but... I will dial the phone, then my children will say hi. No adult could stay cold with a child...an adult, but not a child.

    Stay strong. It sounds like you have done everything you can. Two last thoughts... do you have a sibling--how does your sibling deal with your parents? Is there another relative or friend close to them who might be able to let you know if your parents are having problems with life, depression, health, etc. Some times older people act out when things are not going well with them healthwise.

    ReplyDelete