Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Good news, more information and a new post.

Results back from Noah's blood work and everything was fine! (ha, ha I just typed "wine" instead of "fine." I think you know what that means!) No indication that there is anything wrong with his muscles. Everything else was great too! Big relief!

Also good news, the Risperdal seems to be having a positive effect on him. I think we will still need to increase his dose, but so far so good.
**************************************

And, another post up at Mommies With Style, all about Noah getting ready to start kindergarten.

*************************************

On my last post, Show and Tell of the feline variety, part 2 about Stel, Cassandra asked in the comments if Stel was short for something. And it reminded me that I forgot to include one of the best parts of his story. Stel, and his brother Mell, like all my cats, have pharmaceutically related names. Stel is short for Stelazine and Mell is short for Mellaril, both antipsychotic medications. They were two crazy kittens when we brought them home!

**************************************

Next week I'll be on vacation. Well, I'll be away visiting my family on the farm, not so much a vacation since it involves my parents. But anyway, the MNT blog won't be silent, as I have some very exciting guest posters lined up for your reading pleasure. Make sure you visit! And don't forget to give them some MNT love! I'll be back in September with what I'm sure will be some good posts about my mother. Because what's a visit to my parents if I'm not pulling my eyebrows out by the second day. Don't let me forget to take wine!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear Noah is fine!!

    I hope you have a great vacation with the family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Noah is well.

    Love the anti-psychotic names. We seriously are one in the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids are on Risperdal. One of the side of effects is possible muscle issues. My kids were also taking benztropine just in case they had any side effects. All I could see was increased appetites.

    It's helped calm them down and eliminated most of the bad dreams so they could sleep.

    Good to hear he's fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very glad to read your reassuring news on Noah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! Glad to know the new meds are working, or at least seem to be. Let's hope thats a trend that continues.
    Now I'm off to read the next Mommies with Style post. Although, I don't know why I didn't get to see it first - Hmmph!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...that is GREAT news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear the meds are working. Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YEAH for good test results!

    Your cat names? They RAWK.

    Have a great trip and try not to pull out ALL of your eyebrows, I can only guess that will require more therapy in the long run.

    {smooches}

    ReplyDelete