Thursday, August 31, 2006

Pre-school woes

My son was dissed this morning at daycare! After the normal drop-off routine I witnessed him go up to one of the older boys (he’s in a mixed pre-school/pre-k class) and stand across the table from him and say “good morning Bobby” while Bobby ignored him. He said it again “Good morning Bobby.” Bobby looked up from his Mr. Potato Head and growled “I don’t want to play with you.” The Boy, still smiling by the way, says “Bobby, HI” while bouncing on his little feet. Bobby again says “I don’t want to play with you, go away.”

At this point TB apparently took the hint and found another friendlier, more accommodating group to play with.

I wasn’t sure whether to hope TB took it as a learning experience that the older kids don’t want to play with him because his play skills suck, or to cry for my poor little boy who was totally dissed by that big mean Bobby. I don’t like Bobby!

At least the teacher handled it, although I hope it wasn’t just because I was there to witness it. She told Bobby that it was ok if he didn’t want to play with TB, but he needed to still be polite and say good morning. I thought that was an appropriate response, although I still wanted to thunk little Bobby in the forehead with my middle finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment