Thursday, March 02, 2006

I have got to stop reading blogs at work!

This post by Untitledlife had me close to pissing myself at work! I was laughing so hard that I started choking and a coworker thought I was crying. How do you explain to people at work that you think farts are just about the funniest thing in the world? So you read it, and tell me that you don't think that's just about the funniest post ever!

So it got me thinking about families and farting. I grew up in a family of farters. In fact, I thought my grandfather invented the elephant and pull my finger jokes. My father could clear out a room faster than anyone I knew. So it's no surprise that about half of my posts here have to do with farting or pooping.

My parents were in town a couple weeks ago for TB's third birthday party. As usual I was racing around a bit crazed the day before trying to get everything ready. And I kept smelling it...this foul odor. And then, I realized that it was always in the vicinity of my mother. Silent but deadly people! Kind of like when she's mad at me. So I called her on it and I think the lady blushed! And then she told me I wasn't supposed to be following her. I told her, that if she went outside to do it I wouldn't!

But I suppose, it's a bit of the pot calling the kettle black!

A few weeks ago TB was playing on our bedroom floor while I was getting dressed. I was only a few feet away from him when I let what we like to call a real butt flapper. I have to say I impressed myself with the shear enormity of it! When TB heard it he got this frightened look on his face and said "Mommy, what was that?" Of course I had to admit that I had tooted. "Oh...Mommy...you tooted...I a little scared!" said TB as he cowered on the floor in front of me.

Wow...Apparently I made an impression on my son, because he talked about it all day, to everyone we came in contact with. Then when Awesome Daddy came home I heard him say "Daddy...Mommy tooted...I a little scared," to which AD responded, "yes, Mommy's toots scare me too."

No comments:

Post a Comment