Monday, August 15, 2005

A time to swear...

I'll admit it, one of the reasons I started this blog was so I could swear. It's not that I don't swear at all in "real life," but now that The Boy is starting to repeat what I say in "appropriate" context I need to get a better handle on it.

At least I'm not the only one. Amazing Daddy has his moments too. A couple months ago AD and TB were having a rough morning together, and after TB dumped over a large glass of water (we don't need to mention that it was one I had left on the coffee table the night before, do we?) AD had a little tantrum of his own and slammed his hand down while saying "god damn it!!!" Next thing I heard was TB hitting his play tool bench yelling "god damn it." Thank goodness I was still in bed and could finish laughing before I went down stairs to see if I could help. Fortunately, that phrase didn't seem to stick.

A few weeks ago we heard TB saying "oh jesus, oh jesus" over and over. I think you can blame that one on me. What makes this even more funny, is that TB and AD are Jewish. Hearing a little Jewish boy say "oh jesus" cracks me up! AD says it's not swearing...so there you go. Again, that phrase didn't seem to stick either.

But...I've apparently made an impression with "oh shit." Last night AD and TB were playing with Lego's and TB'S fell apart on him and he said "oh shit." Perfect context! Now if my boy isn't brilliant I don't know whose is! Time to call MomMom and Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment