So for right now, I'm going to share with you something that was emailed to me recently. It may be a sign of how exciting my life is that I was all "wow, this is so cool" when I read it.
Coffee filters ...who knew!
And you can buy 1,000 at the Dollar Tree for almost nothing.
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows and mirrors. Coffee filters are lint-free so they'll leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China ... Separate your good dishes by putting a coffee filter between each dish.
4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent The soil from going through the drainage holes.
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter.
12. Do you think we used expensive strips to wax eyebrows? Use strips of coffee filters.
13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries, chicken fingers, etc on them. Soaks out all the grease.
14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great "razor nick fixers."
OH YEAH!! THEY ARE GREAT TO USE IN YOUR COFFEE MAKERSP.S. You may have noticed a new button on my right sidebar. If not, LOOK, there's a new button on my right sidebar! I'm up for a Nickelodeon Parent's Choice Award for best local blog in Philadelphia. If you click it, then click on the button for my blog, then click on vote you'd just make my day. I've been consistently at 10% of the vote since it opened. Wouldn't it be awesome if I got up to like 15%? You can vote every day too! Please! Vote every day!