Sunday, March 08, 2009

Chocolate, coffee, fiber, and a give-a-way!

***And the winners are........Pixiemrrr, Meghan and Stacy. Congrats! You should have received an email from me already.***


Recently like three weeks ago because I suck at doing anything in a timely manner I was given an opportunity to review the new Fiber One Chocolate Mocha Chewy Bars and receive a spa break gift basket. Now, I'm not one to turn down a chance to try something new that involves chocolate, so I jumped right on that offer!

The Fiber One Chocolate Mocha Chewy Bars were described as combination of "a rich chocolate taste and smooth coffee flavor with the benefits of fiber in one delicious snack. Each great tasting, chewy bar provides 35% of the recommended daily fiber intake and also is a good source of calcium."

Now, I'm not a huge coffee fan, so I was a little leery when they arrived and I remembered that mocha was coffee, cause duh, and I guess I didn't read the actual email that clearly said that, because once I read the word "chocolate" and "offer to review" I hit reply and said "yes." But I tried them, because that is what I promised to do. And Oh.My.Gosh! Maybe I do like coffee! Because these were really good. And I'm not just saying that.

They have 140 calories per bar, 9 grams of fiber, 2 grams of protein and 4 grams of fat. And did I mention they taste good?

Risking the TMI category again here, but I just haven't been as regular as I used to be since having Kiel. So adding some extra fiber to my diet should be a good thing. I'm going to get a box and keep at work for that mid-afternoon snack break. I think I'll try one of the peanut butter flavors next.

Noah liked them too, and since we continue to have problems with his encopresis I think we are going to get some for him too instead of regular granola bars.

And the BEST PART of this is that I get to give away THREE, yes THREE spa break baskets to my readers!


You will receive the bath pillow, soap, bath salts, lotion and a candle (all chocolate flavored) plus a coupon for a free box of Fiber One Chewy Bars.

And if you don't win one of the three spa break baskets which would be surprising since I think I only have three readers, you can print out one of these $1.35 off coupons.

I must leave you with one piece of advice though. The cellophane wrapped bar that looks like chocolate? Yeah, not chocolate. Soap! Remember this, Soap!

So, if you would like to win a box of Fiber One Chewy Bars and a spa break basket leave a comment on this post and I'll randomly pick three next Sunday. Just make sure you leave a way for me to contact you in the comment. So many of my commenter's end up showing up as a "no-reply" email because they haven't checked the option to share their email address in their blogger profiles.



Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Ka-BOOM! I am in. You know where I live (on the internet, anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pick me!

    ecorys@yahoo.coom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll enter your contest if you enter mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will love the peanut butter ones. I love them all. Btw if you get desperate try miralax you can get it over the counter, its not a stimulant. it got my dad going when NOTHING else would :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great giveaway.
    I so need a nice pillow for baths. It would make me feel like I was in a spa for sure.

    I am so in love with the Fiber One yogurts. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am hooked on Fiber One Bars. The best are the Oats and Chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great little gift basket. Thanks for the chance! Tchberger@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooohhh...pick me, pick me! I could use the pampering!
    reklaws at comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poopin' is cool, fiber sure rules, pick me to win, cause I ain't no fool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always....lmao at your posts! Here's to your digestive track... :)
    my email (since I'm sure I'm gonna win) is pythaxlady@gmail.com

    Thanks! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just want to say that I tried Activia yogurt and it really works for me. Besides, if it doesn't work, it's free.

    ReplyDelete