Saturday, February 18, 2012

My "cheeky" review of the Butt Bench

The other day I was at work and I received an interesting email. The kind of email that immediately turned what was a pretty blah day into a "holy crap runner up for best day evah" kinda day. An email that offered me the chance to review the Butt Bench!

Of course, I immediately took the opportunity to Facebook to ask my peeps what they thought, for fear that if I reviewed something with a name like "Butt Bench" I would no longer be taken as a serious blogger. Ehhh hmmmm.  

Anyway, this conversation took place:

(click to embiggen)


Oh, who am I kidding. It really didn't matter what my peeps said, there was no way I was going to pass up the chance to review something called a Butt Bench, and at that point I didn't even know what it was!

I emailed Mae back at Bath Extras, LLC and told her I'd be thrilled to review the Butt Bench, as long as she didn't mind a few bad jokes thrown in because I have absolutely no self control when it comes to butt jokes, much like boob jokes.

Mae said sure, they like humor, and said she would send one my way. 

(Uhhh, Mae? Have you really read my blog? Are you sure about the bad humor bit?) 

Well, I figured they must have a sense of humor themselves, since this is their logo.


So, it turns out the Butt Bench does not vibrate. Nor does it have anything to do with plugs. But it is for your butt. When your butt is in the shower or tub that is. And just like it says, it is a bench. For your butt. Thus the name Butt Bench. Clever, yes?

But (hehe), it's not your grannies shower bench, oh no. This bench has a bit of class. It comes in either cedar or pine (natural, pink, or white) and is available in two sizes. I went with the "whoop, there it is" or "baby got back" size (15") versus the "flat ass" or "tiny pooper" size (12").

Superboy Kiel and his trusty sidekick "Dino Roar" assisted me with the installation and test run.
The Butt Bench sits on the end of the bathtub and is stabilized by little suction cups that attach to the tile.

It was very easy to install. All you have to do is line up the suction cups with a flat place on the tile (no grout lines), turn the cup to tighten it in place, and then stick it to the wall. I think even Rich could have handled this one.
Here's Superboy testing it out for stability. 
Do NOT try this at home! Superboy is specially trained and certified for Butt Bench stability testing.

Now this you can try! Because if you couldn't I think we could claim a big fail on their naming strategy.
Performing yoga is optional and you must be less than 39 1/2 inches to accomplish it safely. However, you will be happy to know that the Butt Bench holds up to 300 pounds so you are not limited to just yoga while in the shower. If you know what I mean. *wink* *wink*

Superboy decided using the bench for actual butts was a waste. So he brought in the gang from Toy Story to try it out.


 Apparently Buzz, Woody, and Jessie found it so comfortable they fell asleep on it.

Their nap was short lived however, as I insisted they wake up to pose for their cameos. 

Since I wasn't willing to pay the Toy Story gang royalties they took off and Superboy replaced them with the Dino Gang.


Then Mommy took over and took a shot showing how civilized people obviously people other than the MNT family might use it.

OK, I admit, that wasn't my first idea when I thought about how to show off how useful it could be. But (I totally typed that with two t's at first because I can't stop thinking about butts now!), not everything in Kiel's sock drawer is waterproof, if you know what I mean. 

And for those of you who don't know what I mean, I totally mean I would use it to rest my foot on while I shave my legs. 



We will also be using it to store our laundry baskets on between baths and laundry day. I'm sure you are thinking, "wow, what a clever idea, plop your laundry baskets on there, slide the curtain closed, and no one sees your empty laundry baskets laying around." And yes, that is totally the reason, except that really it is because my old, cranky cat likes to pee in laundry baskets when they are on the floor, and I'm hoping this will thwart him.

I'm actually quite impressed with the Butt Bench. In fact, I would go so far as to say it is "rumptastic." It's simple and clever and above all it is useful! 

Now I just need to figure out how to adjust it so I can use it on my jacuzzi tub to rest my glass of wine on during my baths.

Obligatory disclosure statement: Mae at Bath Extras provided me with a free Butt Bench in exchange for this review. All opinions (and bad jokes) are my own.



Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I actually need something like this! And, oddly, not for my butt. My kids like to make me "coffee" (training them early!) which involves using the inverted plastic turtle as a filter to percolate "coffee" into a waiting cup. Sounds fantastic. Except at 3 and 5 their coordination skills frankly suck and the only place to rest a brewing cup of coffee is on the edge of the tub. So by my second cup the bathroom floor could be used to give swim lessons. They really need to market these to parents with young kids! Also, nicely defines boundaries for older brothers who won't. stay. on. their. side. of the tub and the younger sister is crammed up against the faucet. Love it!

    ReplyDelete