Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day

Mothers Day always brings up a myriad of emotions for me. I wrote about some of them on the Philly Moms Blog, so go! Read! Come back!

What I didn't do more than touch on there was how Mother's Day is a reminder of our journey through infertility. A reminder that what many people take for granted, pregnancy, is a land unto itself to others. A personal hell in many ways.

This movie moved me. If you are dealing with IF or have in the past you will understand. If you aren't but know someone who is, watch this.

What IF? A Portrait of Infertility from Keiko Zoll on Vimeo.

There are times when I ache for another child. I loved being pregnant and the newborn period. I so want to do it again. But it isn't to be for us, for many reasons, not just the IF issues.

So now that I've brought everyone to tears, let me just wish all of you Mom's, Mom's to be, Mom's in spirit, Mom's in heart, a happy Mother's Day full of whatever your heart desires.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day woman!!! I hope you're enjoying a bit of down time today.

    I have to tell you, after reading your posts at Philly Moms, I applied to Deep South Moms and was approved, all thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete