Sunday, February 01, 2009

updates

Thanks to everyone for the supportive comments about the situation with my parents. It's so helpful to hear from others.

I'm still not sure how I'm going to handle it long term. For now my therapist has suggested I consider them to be in an extended time out. Considering they haven't even responded to an email telling them Kiel was in the hospital, I think that's more than warranted for now.

--------------------

On the illness front I spent Friday either hanging my head over the toilet or curled up in bed. The nausea only lasted about 12 hours fortunately. I spent another 36 hours in bed fighting a fever and massive headache. I'm feeling much better now though.

Kiel has diarrhea again. And a rash on his face and trunk. I'm pretty confident the rash is a viral rash and hope it is just the final remnant of his stomach virus. If it's not better tomorrow I'll take him to the pediatrician Tuesday. He seems to be feeling fine and is eating and drinking.

Right now he and Noah are chasing each other around the family room laughing and screaming. It still amazes me how much Noah likes playing with him. And how for the most part he's very good with Kiel. We've come a long way since the summer.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment