Thursday, May 10, 2007

Kind of a good-news/bad-news frustrating sort of day yesterday.

Good news: first results from the sequential screen blood test came back and were excellent. Risk of downs is 1 in 4900, risk of trisomy 18 1 in 10,000.

We’ll go for the next blood draw in three weeks.

Bad news: One of my coworkers was fired today. Of course we are given very little information (although I know that her attitude and inability to get along with our boss has been an issue for a long time) and it was quite surprising to all of us, most of all for her I’m sure. Very odd how it was handled, especially since we are such a small place. She’s being treated like a criminal, is not allowed back in the building, all her stuff has been boxed up, etc. I find it hard to believe that she would do anything criminal or destructive to warrant this treatment.

I got home exhausted (typical, lately) and overwhelmed by the happenings at work. Too bad Amazing Daddy had a tennis game and left the house at 6:45 so I was in charge of bath and bed. The Boy did well though, although he wasn’t asleep when I left the room and I heard him playing for a while.

Imagine my surprise when the doorbell rang at 10pm and it was our neighbor telling us that TB was hanging out his bedroom window. Of course we make a mad dash up to his room. There we find him throwing the contents of his bedroom out the window. Mind you this was over and through the safety bars that are there. He managed to push through the screen and then start shoving blankets, stuffed animals, books, clothes, shoes, toys, etc. through the window and down on to the driveway.

Of course much of it got stuck on the little roof overhang that is below his window so I had to push the stuff down the rest of the way with a broom. I was pretty pissed off!

He won’t be getting any of that stuff back. I guess it’s one way to get his room clean. I haven’t taken inventory yet, but I think he pushed most of his animals out, which is going to be pretty tough for him since he loves sleeping with them. Oh well! Wish us a better night tonight please!

No comments:

Post a Comment